Random Quote: "ON ADS IN BILLS: Have you ever noticed that they put advertisements in with your bills now? Like bills aren't distasteful enough, they have to stuff junk mail in there with them! I get back at them. I put garbage in with my check when I mail it in. Coffee grinds, banana peels...I write, "Could you throw this away for me? Thank you." I think this is a great idea! "
- The Picture In Her Mind
In her famous essays on the Sixties and Seventies, Joan Didion surveyed a society on the verge of a nervous breakdown. Now, more and more, critics are re-reading what she wrote.
- NYC Landlord Becomes A Billionaire, Thanks To Gentrification Boom
In the world of New York housing, where landlord-tenant battles are both routine and brutal, Joel Wiener has plenty of scars.
- The Trump Foundation Is Shutting Down, And Other Trump News From Today
All the Trump news you need to read today.
- Not Your Dad’s Dress Shoes
Stop wearing boring dress shoes. With a stylish collection of color and material combinations, Ace Marks’ handcrafted Italian dress shoes are designed to make you stand out from the crowd.
- The Curious Case Of The 119-Year-Old Man Still Running Marathons
"Only about 1,000 people have been verified as living past 110. That’s roughly .00001 percent of the current human population. Of these people, only about 10 percent are male. Of these males, 0 percent could run a marathon."
- Is Marvel's 'Runaways' On Hulu Any Good? Here's What The Reviews Have To Say
Interested in another Marvel TV show — one about a group of precocious superpowered teens? No? What if I told you it's from the duo behind "The O.C." and "Gossip Girl?" Yes, it's a bonafide teen drama in the MCU. Here's what the reviews have to say.
- A Grand Army Of Turkeys Marches Triumphantly Towards Some Unknown Destination
Turkeys are the most reaffirming of animals. If you gobble, they will gobble. No exceptions.
- I Watched 'Jim & Andy' With Andy Kaufman's Family
Who was the real Andy Kaufman? On the eve of a new Netflix documentary, the enigmatic comedian's brother and sister finally open up — and get emotional.
- How Do Animals Recognize Each Other?
However wondrously varied the animal kingdom might be, on a species-level its residents tend to look more similar than not — at least, from a human perspective.
- How Google Is Training Computers To Hear Like Humans Do
Our devices are starting to understand human language but what about the cacophony of everyday sound?